Liverpool is a fantastic city and the number one choice for many students looking to fly the nest and embark on the next chapter in their lives.
Now, there are probably many reasons why you’ve chosen Liverpool as your place of study; it may be the great reputation of the university, it may be the incredible social scene, or maybe because its filled with stunning architecture around every corner.
Whatever the reason; we’ve come up with 50 reason why Liverpool is the greatest city for students.
1. It’s home to around 50,000 students so you’re guaranteed to meet new people
2. With three world-class universities in the city, Liverpool is a melting pot of all cultures from people all over the world
3. Liverpool is one of the cheapest places in the UK to be a student
4. And student accommodation is situated in some of the best city centre locations
5. Which means more money for nights out!
6. Did you know Liverpool is famed for its eclectic nightlife and student scene?
7. Which means every night is student night
8. And fancy dress is always acceptable
9. You’ll spend the majority of Monday nights in here whether you like it or not
10. And you’ll discover Bingo isn’t just for your nan
11. Prepare to emigrate to Smithdown Road for your second and third years
12. Where the Brookhouse will become your local
13. There are 100 reasons why we were named Capital of Culture in 2008
14. Our libraries are beautiful in case you get bored of Aldham Robarts
15. We’re home to some world-famous landmarks
16. Oh…and a world famous band
17. So you’ll find some amazing Beatles landmarks
18. The Albert Dock is pretty special
19. University of Liverpool is home to some pioneering research
20. And the buildings look like something out of Harry Potter
21. Our alumni are world class
22. And the locals are pretty legendary
23. We also attract some amazing celebrities
24. We’re home to the largest Chinese community in Europe
25. Which means a whole selection of amazing Chinese restaurants
26. And Chinese New Year is one of the biggest celebrations in our calendar
27. In fact, there is a plethora of amazing events which happen throughout the year
28. Including The Giants which are coming back next year
29. There are plenty of parks so you can relax if uni is getting too much
30. Speaking of parks; have you seen the Palm House in Sefton Park?
31. And there are more than a few stunning beaches within easy reach
32. Bold Street will become your favourite place to eat, shop and drink
33. Plus, it’s full of independents which means you’re supporting local business owners
34. And the Bombed Out Church is transformed into a spectacular events venue in summer
35. Not only is there one incredible cathedral…
36. But there’s two!
37. Liverpool is a relatively small city which means everything in the centre is pretty much within walking distance
38. But if you do want to get a taxi, they’re extremely cheap!
39. Liverpool One has everything you’ll ever need
40. There is a great vibrancy and energy about the city; day and night
41. And we’re home to two of the biggest Premier League football clubs in the world
42. No matter if you’re a football fan or not; the atmosphere during the derby is unrivalled
43. You’ll constantly be asked if you’re a Red or a Blue, so decide now
44. And our annual Santa Dash is a little different to other cities
45. Not into football? Maybe the Grand National will take your fancy
46. Christmas time is really magical in Liverpool
47. And our Christmas markets are second to none
48. You’ll soon be referring to Liverpool as home, and yourself as an adopted ‘Scouser’
49. Graduation is spectacular in the Cathedral
50. And you’ll definitely struggle to leave this incredible city when uni is over